Sat 5th August – 1st XI v Worcester Park

WORCESTER PARK 186-9 (50) lost to DULWICH 180-4 (44.5) by 6 wickets


Dulwich were set 180 to win in a rain-affected Travelbag Surrey Championship Division 2 match at Worcester Park, and achieved victory by six wickets in the penultimate over.

Dulwich chose to field with rain showers forecast, and got an early reward when Leon Sealy struck with the first ball of the second over. He bowled his ten overs straight through, picking up a second wicket in his fifth over and conceding just 22 runs. James Bridgland also struck in his first over to reduce Park to 46-3 in the 13th, and also bowled his ten overs in succession for just 24 runs. Skipper Rob Hill and Connor Bliss needed 17 overs to add 45 before Salaar Waqar dismissed Hill in his second over to reduce them to 91-4 in the 30th over. Waqas Sagar now came in and played a typically aggressive innings of 45 off 55 balls. He had added 48 in ten overs with Bliss before Waqar bowled Bliss for a painstaking 35 off 85 balls. Waqar added his third wicket three balls later, and Sagar became his fourth victim in his last over as he finished with 4-47 off his ten. Assan Crawford-Khan had now joined the attack, and he maintained the pressure by conceding just 21 runs off seven overs for the wicket of keeper Ben Davies. Tom Savill ran out Gary Marshall, and the innings closed on 186-9 after 50 overs.

There had been two rain breaks during the innings, both lasting about 30 minutes. Tea was taken during the second, but four overs playing time were lost. Dulwich therefore had 46 overs to bat, with an adjusted target of 180 to win. Acting skipper Ed Stolle fell in the fourth over, having made 13 of the first 19 runs. This brought in Kristian Williman to join Savill, and the pair added 58 for the second wicket in just 12 overs to put Dulwich well ahead of the rate. The advent of spin brought about an abrupt change in tempo. Sagar had Savill lbw for 34 in his first over, and went on to bowl his ten overs straight through for just 18 runs. He was joined after four overs by left armer Mike Arundell. He also took a wicket in his first over, bowling Henry Hazlewood for 5, and ended with 1-32 off his nine overs.

Crawford-Khan thus joined Williman with the score on 97-3 in the 23rd over, and the pair proceeded mostly in singles until Sagar completed his spell. At this point 48 runs were still needed off 11 overs. Skipper Hill now brought himself on, only to see his first two balls sail back over his head as Crawford-Khan hit them both for six. With the shackles broken, the pair sailed steadily towards their target until Crawford-Khan was bowled in the penultimate over with just two runs needed for victory. The fourth wicket pair had added 81 in 22 overs, with Williman making his first 50 for the Club to finish with 62 not out off 126 balls. Crawford-Khan also made his best first team score (under any of his various names) with 40 off 69. Waqar calmly hit his first ball for two to bring his side victory with seven balls to spare.

This win lifts Dulwich two places to seventh, and their last two completed matches have now brought them victories over the first and third placed sides in the division. Next week they have a home match against Chessington, who are three places but only eight points above them in the table. Dulwich narrowly lost the first match between the sides, and they will be looking to gain their revenge in the return fixture.

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

parajumpers pas cher parajumpers pas cher tn pas cher nike tn pas cher louboutin pas cher louboutin pas cher hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet online moncler outlet online moncler outlet online woolrich outlet woolrich outlet moncler outlet golden goose outlet golden goose outlet golden goose saldi golden goose saldi