Sat 3rd Sep – 1st XI v Purley

PURLEY 91 (21.4) lost to DULWICH 92-2 (10.5) by 8 wickets


Dulwich needed less than 33 overs to demolish bottom side Purley in their final Travelbag Surrey Championship Division 2 match of the season, to finish in fifth place.

Dulwich won the toss, and acting captain Ed Stolle inserted the opposition in the hope of bowling them out cheaply and completing the match before the forecast rain arrived. The decision was well justified, as the match proceeded through the occasional spot of light drizzle, but ended well before the heavy rain that disrupted several other fixtures.

The innings got off to a frenetic start when 15 runs came off Jon Lodwick’s first over. Acting skipper Harry Hanford took a single off the first ball, and Trinidadian OP Jason Batson scored 14 off the rest of the over. Leon Sealy’s first over started the same way, with a single to Hanford and a four to Batson, taking him to 18 off just six balls. Batson then survived a confident appeal for a catch behind off the fourth ball, and was adjudged lbw off the sixth. Purley were thus 20-1 after two overs. The next few batsmen tried to bat in similar fashion, and paid the penalty. Lodwick picked up a wicket in each of his next three overs and Sealy took a second to make it 52-5 in the tenth over. The two openers were rested after bowling five overs apiece, Lodwick taking 3-29 and Sealy 2-24.

Two first team debutants, Chris Hope and Patrick George (who had earlier taken a stunning catch at square leg off Lodwick) now joined the attack. Hanford had watched the collapse from the other end, and now led a small recovery, adding 26 for the sixth wicket with Dave Monckton. Hope removed them both in his fourth over with the score on 78, and followed up with another wicket in his fifth to finish with 3-18 off five. Stuart Ferguson replaced him and picked up the ninth wicket, and George got the tenth to finish with 1-15 off 5.4 overs. Purley had been dismissed in just 21.4 overs for 91, eight runs less than they had managed in the first encounter between the sides.

Stolle then promoted Euan Johnson, in his first game for the first team this season, to open the innings, but he could last only four balls before edging a catch behind. Fellow opener Tom Savill suffered a rare failure, caught in the gully for 4 in the fourth over, to make it 15-2. But that was the last wicket to fall as Henry Hazlewood and Salaar Waqar smashed 77 in just 7.3 overs to see Dulwich to an eight wicket victory. Hazlewood finished on 57 off just 37 balls, his second half century in successive innings, while Waqar needed just 17 balls for his 28. Dulwich had reached their target in just 10.5 overs, and the whole match had lasted less than 2½ hours.

Dulwich thus end the season in fifth place having won ten of their 17 completed matches, the same number as second placed Farnham. Just one more victory would have seen them promoted instead.



Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

parajumpers pas cher parajumpers pas cher tn pas cher nike tn pas cher louboutin pas cher louboutin pas cher hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet online moncler outlet online moncler outlet online woolrich outlet woolrich outlet moncler outlet golden goose outlet golden goose outlet golden goose saldi golden goose saldi