Sat 30th June – 1st XI v Old Whitgiftians

DULWICH 202 (54.2) drew with OLD WHITGIFTIANS 150-7 (45)




Dulwich had the better of their Travelbag Surrey Championship Division 2 match against Old Whitgiftians, but were unable to separate the eighth wicket pair and had to settle for a winning draw.


Dulwich were put in to bat, but the openers put memories of last week’s debacle behind them as they raced past that meagre total of 42 in just seven overs. Nick Hudson led the way with a succession of boundaries. This onslaught allowed his partner Ed Towner, in his first match for the first team this season, to start at his own pace, but he too soon began to join in the fun. The pair had added 99 in just 16 overs when Hudson was caught at slip three balls after reaching his first 50 of the season, comprising 11 fours and six singles. Towner followed three overs later for 37 to bring together Salaar Waqar and Matt Marfani. The third wicket pair added 56 in 13.3 overs to take Dulwich to 160-2 after 33 overs, seemingly well set for a run spree and a declaration.


But Waqar’s dismissal, caught on the boundary for 28, led to a collapse as off-spinner Shaz Rana took four wickets in successive overs. Marfani fell in his next over for a well made 27, and Jonno Evans and Will Bancroft soon followed. Joe Murtagh, in a spell of ten overs for just 16 runs at the other end, accounted for Ed Hopkins as Dulwich declined to 168-7 in the 40th over. Assan Crawford-Khan and acting skipper Jon Lodwick took the score to 180 before Lodwick was unlucky to be run out at the non-striker’s end when the bowler (Rana again!) deflected a straight drive onto the stumps. The last two wickets mustered another 22 runs in 10.3 overs before Dulwich were dismissed in the 55th over for 202. The last eight wickets had gone down in 21.1 overs for 42 runs in a strange echo of the previous week. Rana bowled his 14 overs straight through to finish with 4-33.


Old Whits were left 45 overs to get the runs, and their openers started steadily before Ed Fleet broke through in his third over to claim his first wicket for the first team. Lodwick was not at his best and gave way to Crawford-Khan after bowling four overs. The latter changed the face of the game by taking four wickets in his first four overs to leave Old Whits reeling on 47-5 in the 15th over. Reece Etwaroo and Mo Raza added 32 in 11 overs before Patrick George took two wickets in two balls to reduce them to 79-7 after 26 overs.


With 19 overs remaining Dulwich had high hopes of victory, but Raza and keeper Vishal Khetia had other ideas. Lodwick made numerous bowling changes, using all five of his bowlers in search of a breakthrough, but none was forthcoming. A target of 168 for the winning draw was beyond them, but they took their partnership to 71 to reach 150 and secure a batting point off the last ball of the match. The four main bowlers all conceded exactly 30 runs, with Crawford-Khan taking four wickets in ten overs, George two in eleven, Fleet one in twelve, and Lodwick none in seven.


At the halfway point of the season Dulwich remain bottom of the table, 13 points behind the two teams immediately above them. Next week they have their first return match, at home to fourth placed Worcester Park; the first match between the sides earlier in the season having been abandoned due to the weather.










Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

parajumpers pas cher parajumpers pas cher tn pas cher nike tn pas cher louboutin pas cher louboutin pas cher hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet online moncler outlet online moncler outlet online woolrich outlet woolrich outlet moncler outlet golden goose outlet golden goose outlet golden goose saldi golden goose saldi