Sat 6th June – 1st XI v Old Rutlishians

OLD RUTLISHIANS 196-8 (55) beat DULWICH 145 (43.4) by 51 runs 


A late order collapse saw Dulwich go down to a 51 run defeat in their Ryman Surrey Championship Division 2 match at home to Old Rutlishians.

Dulwich chose to field, but hopes of early successes were thwarted by Dan Wood, fresh from making centuries in his previous two matches, who scored freely against the opening bowlers. He was given good support by Salman Mohammed, and together they posted 46 in the first ten overs. The advent of Frankie Brown and Ian Toppin put a brake on the scoring rate, and Brown made the crucial breakthrough by dismissing Wood for 46 in the 17th over with the score on 73. Brown was joined in the attack by fellow left arm spinner Alex Gledhill in the 24th over, and together they imposed a stranglehold, conceding just 20 runs in their first 14 overs in tandem while picking up a wicket apiece. Keeper Chris Mude, with an unbeaten 42, kept the score moving, but wickets fell regularly at the other end as the two spinners maintained the pressure. Both bowled unchanged to the end of the innings, with Gledhill taking 3-53 off 16 overs, and Brown picking up two wickets in the last over to complete his mammoth spell with 5-68 off 23. Old Rutlishians batted for the full 55 overs, closing on 196-8.

The Dulwich reply got off to a bad start when Tom Savill fell in the second over. This was to prove the only wicket to fall to a pace bowler in the match. Skipper Michael Currey and Stuart Ferguson also found scoring easy against the quicker bowlers, taking the score to 51 after 10 overs. Once again it became a different game when the spinners came on. Alex Barnicott took time to settle, with ten runs coming from his first over, but he conceded only three off his next six. Richard Woolland was miserly from the start, and these two bowled unchanged for the rest of the innings. Only seven runs had come in the last 6.5 overs when Ferguson fell to Woolland for 20 with the score on 68. Currey added 22 in 8.1 overs for the third wicket with Brown, and 16 in 5.2 overs for the fourth with Ed Stolle. Euan Johnson went for his shots, and he and Currey added 27 in 4.4 overs before the latter became Woolland’s fourth victim with the score on 133, having made a defiant 70 off 104  balls. Johnson’s dismissal in the next over, to give Barnicott his only wicket, left the last four wickets requiring 62. Naeem Iqbal and first team newcomer Jon Lodwick continued to hit out but paid the penalty, both falling to Woolland in the 40th over with the score on 142. John Morris, held back while the strokemakers went in above him, was left trying to hold out for the draw but lost Gledhill in Woolland’s next over without adding to the score. Toppin joined Morris, but Woolland had the last word, dismissing Morris in his next over. He had taken four wickets in his last three overs to finish with the extraordinary figures of 8-46 off 16.4 overs. The last six wickets had gone down for just 12 runs.

Bowled out for 145, Dulwich had failed to gain a batting point for the third time in five matches, coming away with just their two bowling points. Fortunately the teams below them also lost, so they slip just one place to seventh. They will be hoping for a better performance next week, away to Worcester Park.

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

parajumpers pas cher parajumpers pas cher tn pas cher nike tn pas cher louboutin pas cher louboutin pas cher hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet hogan outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet moncler outlet online moncler outlet online moncler outlet online woolrich outlet woolrich outlet moncler outlet golden goose outlet golden goose outlet golden goose saldi golden goose saldi